Poached Egg On Cheesy GritsFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- They come out beautifully in the microwave if you just put the water, salt, grits and cheese into a pyrex casserole and zap on high for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir a dollop of sour cream in and set to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, poach an egg and fry some tomatoes, spinach or asparagus.
- Make a little mound of the grits on a plate, top with grilled vegetable and nestle the egg on top.
- Sprinkle with a little ground pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- angelgal New Philadelphia, OH
- zena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- kukla Barrie, Ontario, CA
- organicmama CA
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- shandalulu West Valley City, UT
- prateekshachandrashekar London, IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
This sounds really good. Being a southern girl, grits are popular here as well. Will be making this one this week. THanks for another fantatic post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Wow...does this every look good!! Great post, yet again!! Mystic :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
yes yes yes, loving ittuilelaith in Columbia loved it