Easy Paella For TwoFrom bobbie91302 6 years ago
- 1 t. saffron, crushed and steeped in 3 T. stock shopping list
- 2 cups broth -- either chicken broth, or half chicken, half clam juice shopping list
- chopped peeled tomato (drained from can, amount to taste) shopping list
- 1 t. Spanish or Hungarian paprika shopping list
- dash turmeric (for color) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- spanish olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 5 minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 8 oz boneless chicken with skin shopping list
- 1 roasted peeled red pepper, cut into slices (or from jar) shopping list
- 1 cup paella rice (Matiz from Whole Foods) or other mediterranean rice shopping list
- 10 mussels (debearded and cleaned) shopping list
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS: you could add shrimp, artichoke hearts, peas, Spanish sliced chorizo, but adjust proportions so that rice is not overwhelmed. shopping list
How to make it
- Boil together the broth, saffron and the broth it steeped in, tomato, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in the paella pan or cast iron 12 inch frying pan.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until soft, then remove.
- Brown chicken, adding oil as needed, until about 75% done, then remove.
- Scrape bottom of pan, add more oil, add rice, and cook until translucent.
- Add boiling broth, cook at medium for 5 minutes.
- Lower heat, arrange chicken, red pepper, mussels, and any optional ingredients, and cook 15 minutes
- Cover, continue cooking on very low, about 5 more minutes.
- Note: you may need to move pan around so heat is even; you want the water to be absorbed and the bottom to begin to get crusty.
- Let stand about 5 minutes, discard mussels that do not open.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookbobbie91302 Calabasas, CA
The Rating4 people
Thanks for the post..haven't had that in a whilemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I love the recipe for two!! How wonderful.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Thanks for the recipe, I tried it yesterday, very very nice. Quick and easy, very tasty. I will do this again for sure. I made it with the above plus prawns/artichokes. Cheers, mate.luclarouche in Bundoora loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!