Stuffed Bread Italian AppetizerFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed shopping list
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli genoa salami shopping list
- 6 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese, cut into strips shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- Poppy seed, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together butter and garlic in small bowl.
- Roll out bread dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch square. Place on lightly greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture.
- Layer salami, cheese, olives and onions in 3-inch strip down center of dough to within 1/2-inch of top and bottom, leaving 4 1/2 inches of dough on each side of filling.
- Cut twelve 3-inch long strips, 1-inch apart, along both sides of filling. Fold strips across filling at an angle, alternating sides to give a braided effect.
- Pinch dough at bottom and top to seal.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until almost double in size (30 to 45 minutes).
- Combine egg and water in small bowl; brush over braid.
- Sprinkle with poppy seed, if desired.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
This looks delicious. Will definitely try soon!omaizzy in Ottawa loved it