Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with HoneyFrom shandy 6 years ago
- 5 Medium sweet potatoes, Scrubbed shopping list
- 4 big bananas - UNPEELED. . . not scrawny shopping list
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- Kosher or regular salt shopping list
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 Cup dark brown sugar. . .(I used regular brown sugar) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups pecans, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, put them into a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Toss the bananas into the pan and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes, until both the bananas and potatoes are very soft. Remove the pan from the oven but don't turn the oven off.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl. Peel the bananas and add them to the bowl along with 1 stick of the butter, and the honey. Season with salt and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon or put into a mixer to combine until mixture is fluffy. Spoon into an oven-proof serving bowl and smooth the top.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, use your fingers to rub together the remaining stick of butter, the brown sugar, flour and pecans until the mixture is the consistency of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the sweet potatoes and return to the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes, until the crumbs are golden. Serve hot. =D
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating3 people
This look so good! You are on a roll tonight! I hope you got pictures of your family too!michellem in Idaho loved it
I just had to have another look at this fantastic recipe..I have made a note to myself to make this for Thanksgiving dinner!michellem in Idaho loved it
wonderful!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!