Onion soup frenchFrom cookingforfun 8 years ago
- 4 large onions (chopped) shopping list
- 3 tbl bacon drippings shopping list
- 2 tbl flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic (mashed) shopping list
- 1 sprig of parsley shopping list
- pinch of thyme shopping list
- 1 quart chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup good white wine (dry) shopping list
- 1 tbl cognac shopping list
- French bread shopping list
- parmesan cheese grated (optional shopping list
- butter melted (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep saucepan heat: bacon dripppings.
- Saute in the drippings all the onions, Cook over a medium heat untill soft
- add: flour, salt,pepper and garlic. Cook until mixture is golden brown but not burned.
- Add: parsley thyme,chicken stock, wine, Let simmer for 45 minutes
- Add: cognac.
- If you want to serve this soup with toast: Place in each bowl of toasted French bread, each layer sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese. Pour soup into bowls, top with more grated Parmesan cheese and a little melted butter and place under broiler until the cheese melts and forms a brown crust.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookcookingforfun Marblehead, MA
The Rating7 people
Sounds very good!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This was great....Thanksredkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
OUTSTANDING recipe for 'French Onion Soup'!
This is great in any kind of weather!
A "5" FORK!!!!!....'for sure'!
....mjcmcook.....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!