Brown Sugar Drop CookiesFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup solid shortening (Crisco – trans-fat free) shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ½ cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3½ cups white flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Browned butter frosting shopping list
- ½ cup butter (do not use margarine) shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- about 2 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half or whole milk (may need a bit more) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- For cookies, use a mixer to whip together butter, shortening, brown sugar and egg until it is fluffy and light.
- Gradually whip in the buttermilk.
- By hand, stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended.
- Cover and chill batter for 1 hour.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, just until bottoms of cookies begin to brown slightly.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and place on racks or waxed paper to cool.
- When cookies are completely cooled, frost with browned butter frosting and return them to waxed paper to allow frosting to become firm.
- Store cookies in air-tight container, with waxed paper between layers to prevent frosting from sticking to other cookies.
- For frosting, place butter in a small saucepan (large enough to hold the 2 cups powdered sugar when it is added!).
- Over medium heat, melt the butter.
- While stirring constantly, continue to cook the butter until it stops bubbling and has turned a very light caramel color.
- You must be very careful not to scorch or burn the butter – you just want a slight golden color to it.
- Quickly remove the pan from the heat and add the powdered sugar and extract.
- Stir in enough half-and-half to make the frosting spreadable.
- This frosting will become firm as it sets, so you may need to add more half-and-half to it when you are ready to frost the cookies.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
These will be on my table tonight! :) Great share Krum!noir in Boston loved it
Scrumptious recipe. Thank you for posting!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Girl...you ARE da bomb!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!