Buttermilk Tea CakesFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground netmeg shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soda shopping list
- 8 to 10 cups flour (enough to make a soft dough) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add slightly beaten eggs, whole milk, vanilla, and nutmeg; stir well.
- Mix buttermilk with soda and then add to the mixture.
- Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll thin, cut into strips, lengthwise, then across, to make squares and rectangles.
- Place on greased pans and bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Yield 10 to 12 dozen cookies
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating5 people
I love tea cakes!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Now I need to find someone to share all these with. They sound wonderful, thanks.organicmama in loved it
I love nutmeg taste in baking...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it