Buttermilk Tea CakesFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground netmeg shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soda shopping list
- 8 to 10 cups flour (enough to make a soft dough) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add slightly beaten eggs, whole milk, vanilla, and nutmeg; stir well.
- Mix buttermilk with soda and then add to the mixture.
- Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Roll thin, cut into strips, lengthwise, then across, to make squares and rectangles.
- Place on greased pans and bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Yield 10 to 12 dozen cookies
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating5 people
My mother n law use to make tea cakes and she would put chocolate on half of them for the kids. We all loved them. I worked a lot back then so I never got her recipe for theese. Thanks!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
You saved my life!! I need to make 60 cookies for a ladies tea I was invited to! Now I have the perfect recipe from the perfect friend;0)..Thanks so much Zena..Im printing it off right now! Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it
I just made these and they turned out wonderful..The taste is perfect and they will taste nice with tea.michellem in Idaho loved it