Cheesy Egg and Rice BakeFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2/3 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli shopping list
- 1 cup small curd creamed cottage cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs (any flavor) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (1 ounce) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease quiche dish, 9x1 1/2 inches.
- Mix mushrooms, onion, rice and water in 3-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Stir in broccoli and cottage cheese. Stir in remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Spoon into quiche dish.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.