Cod Steaks With Blue Cheese SauceFrom inmaculada 8 years ago
How to make it
- Unthaw fish if necessary, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Dip steaks in flour until well coated, shaking excess.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet (about 1 inch deep) and fry fish steaks on medium heat just until golden. Drain fish on paper towel and arrange it in a baking dish. Reserve.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the frying oil in skillet, discard the rest.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Crumble blue cheese in skillet and mash with a wooden spoon on medium heat until melted. Add brandy and flambée. When alcohol is evaporated (1-2 minutes), add light cream and sherry or wine. Mix well. Take it to a gentle boil for about 5 minutes until thickens, stirring constantly.
- Pour cheese sauce over reserved fish steaks in baking pan. Bake in preheated oven until sauce is golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes, watching not to burn the top.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!