VetkoekFrom liezel 9 years ago
- 3 kg white bread flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons, heaped salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons, heaped instant yeast shopping list
- 2 litre lukewarm water (you may need more or less) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons +1 teaspoon oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons +1 teaspoon white grape vinegar shopping list
- 2 heaped tablespoons shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the bread flour, salt and instant yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix water 2tbsp+1 tsp oil, vinegar and sugar together.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Knead for at least 10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic but still fairly slack.
- Remove the required amount of dough from the bowl and freeze the rest in a container with an air-tight lid.
- Cover remaining sough with a sheet of greased plastic.
- Leave in a warm place to rise until double in bulk.
- Shape the dough into fairly small vetkoeke (they increase in size when fried.).
- Deepfry until golden brown outside and cooked inside.
- Serve with sweet or savoury as main meal or snack.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
The Rating7 people
I like these kinds of fried doughs.I will choose the one with cheese and syrup of course ;) Thanks for sharing.Really great one.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Liezel, these look wonderful, I agree with Kukla it's nice to learn about new recipes and such. Thanks!organicmama in loved it
It looks sooooo good!very well done Liezel!ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!