Sweet Figs With CheeseFrom noir 9 years ago
How to make it
- Cut a cross in the top of each fig, top with a heaped teaspoon of gorgonzola, and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Place two tablespoons of the olive oil, the sugar and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle a little of the balsamic mixture over each fig and broil in oven *low* for 2-5 minutes until the cheese is melted or Baked in a Preheated Oven (375 F) for 5 minutes for a softer finish to the fruit.
- Place the watercress leaves and remaining olive oil in a bowl, season well with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- To serve, divide the watercress between six plates and top each with a fig. Drizzle with any remaining vinegar.
- Enjoy! :)