Red BeansFrom mysticdream 8 years ago
- 1 can red beans (or equivalent), washed and drained shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar (any type - but brown sugar gives a richer colour) shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, grated shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- oil, about 2-3 tablespoons (to saute onions and garlic) shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot, add oil and heat
- Add sugar and wait for it to get bubbly and golden brown
- Add onions and let cook until tender, possibly 30 seconds
- Add grated garlic until you can smell the fragrance released, possibly 10 seconds.
- Add red beans, mix in with the onions and garlic.
- Add about a half cup of water, and let the red beans cook. Turn down the heat and allow to cook until sauce is thick-ish.
- Add salt to taste.
- You can serve this with cooked rice and it's simply amazing.
The Cookmysticdream Markham, CA
The Rating4 people
Looks delicious and easy. I've saved it. Thanks!frankieanne in North northern loved it
I made this last night. I used brown sugar. It took quite a bit of time to cook the liquid down - about 20 minutes. They were good with rice! Thanks!frankieanne in North northern loved it
I don't know what to make of the short saute time for the onions. The raw onion taste really came out in the finished dish. I don't prefer it. Next time they get a good long saute. Otherwise it is an edible dish.
See also: morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!