Red BeansFrom mysticdream 8 years ago
- 1 can red beans (or equivalent), washed and drained shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar (any type - but brown sugar gives a richer colour) shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, grated shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- oil, about 2-3 tablespoons (to saute onions and garlic) shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot, add oil and heat
- Add sugar and wait for it to get bubbly and golden brown
- Add onions and let cook until tender, possibly 30 seconds
- Add grated garlic until you can smell the fragrance released, possibly 10 seconds.
- Add red beans, mix in with the onions and garlic.
- Add about a half cup of water, and let the red beans cook. Turn down the heat and allow to cook until sauce is thick-ish.
- Add salt to taste.
- You can serve this with cooked rice and it's simply amazing.
The Cookmysticdream Markham, CA
The Rating4 people
Looks delicious and easy. I've saved it. Thanks!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I made this last night. I used brown sugar. It took quite a bit of time to cook the liquid down - about 20 minutes. They were good with rice! Thanks!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I don't know what to make of the short saute time for the onions. The raw onion taste really came out in the finished dish. I don't prefer it. Next time they get a good long saute. Otherwise it is an edible dish.
See also: morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!