Cheesy Onion And Garlic BreadFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- ¾ cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 3 medium cloves fresh garlic, diced finely (I have to say that the jarred diced garlic doesn't give me the same wonderful flavor as the freshly diced or pressed garlic - just my opinion!) shopping list
- ½ cup half-and-half or whole milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1½ cups Bisquick mix shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- ½ teaspoon onion salt or garlic salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (this can be omitted, but it adds such nice color to the finished product!) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic; cook until tender and translucent.
- In a large bowl, add the milk and egg to the biscuit mix, stirring just until the mix is moistened.
- Gently fold in the onions and garlic, and ½ cup of the cheese.
- Spoon the dough into a greased 9 or 10 inch glass pie pan.
- Mix the onion or garlic salt into the 2 tablespoons melted butter and drizzle this over the dough.
- Sprinkle dough with chives.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Top bread with remaining ½ cup cheese and continue baking until bread is done, about 5 minutes longer.
- Cut the bread into wedges and serve warm with butter (I’ve never found the extra butter necessary).
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!