Irish Potato Pancakes - BoxtyFrom lor 7 years ago
- "Boxty on the griddle, shopping list
- boxty in the pan, shopping list
- if you can't make boxty, shopping list
- you'll never get a man." shopping list
- 1 lb. of potatoes, grated shopping list
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk, preferrably 2% or Homogenized shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons warm water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup mashed potatoes shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Note: I always make these when there are leftover mashed potatoes. By doing so it cuts down on prep time. shopping list
How to make it
- Soak grated potatoes overnight in cold water to remove
- the starch.
- Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT the flour.
- Mix All-purpose flour in a little at a time with a wooden
- spoon or your hands.
- Add extra milk if it seems too stiff.
- Lightly grease an iron skillet or griddle.
- Drop the mixture onto the skillet by rounded teaspoons.
- Brown the bottom slightly, then flatten the tops a little
- bit with a spatula.
- Depending on what you prefer they can be thick or thinner and crispy.
- Cook until golden brown. Served with butter or sour cream.
- Note: Herbs such as parsley can be added.