Over the Rainbow Mac CheeseFrom chefsharon 8 years ago
- * Exported from MasterCook * shopping list
- Over the Rainbow macaroni & cheese shopping list
- Recipe By :Patti LaBelle shopping list
- Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00 shopping list
- Categories : Side Dishes Starch shopping list
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method shopping list
- -------- ------------ -------------------------------- shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup Meunster cheese (2 ounces) -- shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese (2 ounces) -- shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces) -- shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (2 ounces) -- shredded shopping list
- 2 Cups half and half shopping list
- 1 cup Velveeta (8 ounces) -- cut into small cubes shopping list
- 2 large eggs -- lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly butter a deep 2½ quart casserole.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Ad the oil, then the elbow macaroni, & cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt 8 T. of the butter (one stick). Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild & sharp Cheddar, & Monterey Jack chesses. To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1½ cups of the shredded cheese, the cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season w/ the salt & pepper. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle w/ the remaining 1/2 c. of shredded cheese & dot w/ the remaining 1 T. of butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
- "Patti LaBelle's "Recipes to Sing About" Cuisine"
- "LaBelle Cuisine, Recipes to Sing About"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Per serving: 580 Calories (kcal); 31g Total Fat; (48% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 139mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium
- Food Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
- Serving Ideas : This is SURELY great w/ anything! Muenster is my fav cheese too. YUM.
- NOTES : Patti's Pointers: Ask anyone who makes incredible macaroni & cheese for his or her recipe, & I bet you that Velveeta will be in there. But my recipe doesn't stop there. To make my special macaroni & cheese, I also us Muenster, mild & sharp Chedddar, & Monterey Jack cheeses, each one adding its own flavor & melting consistency. If you don't want to use all five cheeses, you can get away w/ just the Velveeta & sharp Cheddar-it won't be over the rainbow, but it will be pretty good. And, on special occasions, I sometimes add an extra stick of butter, in which instance, the macaroni goes over the moon! If you use two sticks of butter, substitute milk for the half-and-half.
- Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
The Cookchefsharon The Woodlands, TX
The Rating5 people
It is sinful! Enjoy. ~Sharonchefsharon in The Woodlands loved it
This was excellent. Thanks for posting this one :>)helewes in Newton loved it
Don't leave out the Velveeta even if you are a cheese snob. This recipe is perfect just the way it is. :) ~Sharonchefsharon in The Woodlands loved it