Heaven and Hell BrowniesFrom juliagulia 6 years ago
- 1 pound unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 pound high-quality semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I recommend the following quantities/types of chocolate chips: 4 oz of Toll House regular sized chips, 2 oz of Toll House mini-chocolate chips, 4 oz of Callebaut chunks, 2 oz of big, fat Guittard chips shopping list
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 6 extra-large eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (1 cup for batter and 1/4 cup in the chips and nuts) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 3 cups chopped pecans - this is totally optional. The brownies will still come out great without the added nuts. Just decrease the cooking time to about 25 minutes. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 13 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan. (I use Pam with Flour)
- Melt together the butter, 1 pound chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Stir together 1 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the walnuts and 12 ounces of chocolate chips with 1/4 cup flour to coat. (FYI - this helps the nuts and chips to be suspended in the batter and not sink to the bottom during cooking.) Then add to the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Halfway through the baking, rap the pan against the oven shelf to allow air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Also rotate the pan halfway to ensure even baking. Do not over-bake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into squares.
People Who Like This Dish 102
The Cookjuliagulia Seattle, WA
The Rating14 people
OMG...are you trying to kill us? Just when I thought it was safe to eat dessert again.
So much for a healthy diet.
YUMMMMMthepiggs in loved it
Yummmmmm!dariana in loved it
Great post, love brownies and love lots of chocolate :)henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!