Bayou Country Cajun EtouffeeFrom betty_boop 7 years ago
- I med size Magna -no Lite Pot (DO NOT USE A CAST IRON POT ) shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil ( not butter because it will burn ,,,) shopping list
- 2 lbs of crawfish ( you can sub. and use shrimp ) shopping list
- 1 1lb of Cleaned Lump crab meat shopping list
- 1 med onion shopping list
- 1tsp garlic shopping list
- 6 slices of japaleno peppers shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp Worshire shopping list
- 1 small can of Diced tomato shopping list
- 2 cans of Campbells shrimp Soup(YES THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE READING...LOL) shopping list
- 1 tbsp of Slap your mama (Walker & Sons make this check for web site or look at Walmart..) shopping list
How to make it
- Place your pot on the stove and
- add your Olive oil
- Now all your stuff is chopped up ...Onion, garlic japalenos,parsley
- put into your pot
- cook at a med heat to high
- let this saute' til onion becomes looking clear .
- add 1/2 of the can of dice tomato. let that cook with the onions and other seasoning.
- let this cook for about 10 minutes
- as the tomatos are cooking ..smash them up in with the saute' onions.
- While this is cooking if your crawfish has come in a vacumn packing
- open and keep all water with crawfish
- because of the fat from the crawfish is in the water you will need this for flavor,(DO NOT PUT CRAWFISH IN WITH THE WATER FAT.)
- Now take that and pour 1/2 into the pot.
- add Worshire and keep stirring
- do not let it stick it will burn then uck!
- about 5 minutes ....
- Add 1 can of Campbells Shrimp Soup
- add the other 1/2 of water from crawfish but NOT CRAWFISH
- LET all of this cook for another 15 minutes...
- Now put lump crab
- 1 tbsp of Slap yo mama saute' this around in the pot
- if it looks too thick add 1/2 cup of water
- let simmer at a low to med heat...
- If too thin open the 2nd can of Shrimp Soup to thicken.( this can is extra just in case you are not ready to eat and you keep putting little bits of water then the etouffee becomes to watery...you want it to be alittle thick...so use some or all of the 2nd can of Shrimp Soup)
- add your crawfish 15 minutes before you are ready to serve..
- if you put them in too soon they will shrink ..and become to soft,,
- Thats it ! Bon ! ( means good)
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
The Rating6 people
Awesome Recipe..... wonderful post!!!!! keep the recipes coming...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Girl... I gotta get some of that slap yo mama stuff... If I can't find it.. what is it a cajun seasoning? Do they have a WWW ????linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Teriffic stuff, great post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!