Tomato Pork Loin ChopsFrom misslionheart 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, pounded thin shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 fluid ounces water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat, and quickly brown the pork chops on both sides.
- Transfer chops to platter, and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in the sugar, chili powder, fennel, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water, and Worcestershire sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Return the pork chops to the skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or to desired doneness.