Leeks GratineeFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 8 medium leeks, split lengthwise, washed and trimmed to the pale green part, use the tough uppper dark green part for making stock shopping list
- 8 slices of prosciutto shopping list
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp of flour shopping list
- 2 1/2cups of chicken broth heated (add a boullion cube to canned stock to strengthen the flavor component-no salt needed to flavor sauce if you do this) shopping list
- 5 to 6 passes of nutmeg on your microplane rasp (1/8 tsp of nutmeg) shopping list
- 1 cup of grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Trim, wash leeks.
- Put them in a shallow sauce pan and cook them in enough boiling water until the leeks are tender but not mush. About 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool the leeks.
- When you can handle them, wrap each leek in a slice of prosciutto and place in a well buttered baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make a roux by combining the melted butter and flour over low heat. Cook a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and the nutmeg.
- Continue cooking until it thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the leeks, sprinkle with the cheese and the bread crumbs; bake uncovered until brown and bubbly about 15 to 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!