Easy Smothered Pork ChopsFrom wynnebaer 6 years ago
- 6 3/4 inch thick pork chops (bone in or out) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pkg. country gravy mix shopping list
- 1 pkg. pork gravy mix shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In plastic zip bag, add flour, thyme, sage, and salt and pepper
- Dredge chops in flour mixture.
- Place chops in fridge
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In saute pan, add olive oil and onions and cook until tender. I usually let them start to caramelize.
- Remove onions and add a little olive oil to pan.
- Cook pork chops over medium high heat until seared on both sides.
- Remove from pan and put onto baking dish.
- Top chops with half of the cooked onions.
- Bake until done
- In saucepan add water and prepare both gravies together.
- Add other 1/2 of onions to gravy.
- Serve pork chops covered in gravy.
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating2 people
I tried this tonight and it was real good. Easy too. We both liked it alot.lovinsun in loved it