Homemade cones for ice creamFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep two cookie sheets by greasing them well. Set aside.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until the batter is completely smooth.
- The batter should drop easily from a spoon. You may need to thin it a little with water if it tightens up.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Drop a tablespoon of batter on at least 6 inches apart on each cookie sheet. (two per sheet)
- Bake for four to five minutes.
- Remove from oven, let them cool only a second or two (which is why you are making these and not the kids) before removing from hot pan to a foil lined cookie rack.
- Loosely curl each cookie around the handle of a wooden spoon while it is still quite warm.
- PInch the bottom and the open side together to form a cone.
- Make sure top is wider than the bottom.
- When they have cooled and hardened, top with your favorite ice cream.
- (allow cookie sheets to cool completely between batches or the next cone will spread to much and you risk burning the batter)
- A tiny marshmallow is a good drip catcher in the bottom of the cone, especially the first ones until you get the hang of rolling them.