Cherry ClafoutisFrom castingcook 8 years ago
- unsalted butter for greasing shopping list
- 3/4 lb (375g) fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved (bing, rainier or gold are best) shopping list
- 3 tbsp dark rum shopping list
- 1/4 cup (34g) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup (105g) sugar, plus extra for dusting shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 large eggs, at room temp. shopping list
- 1 cup (8oz) heavy cream shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Grease a shallow 9x14 inch (23x35 cm) baking dish with a 2-quart capacity with butter and dust with sugar. Tap out any excess.
- In a small bowl, toss together cherries and run and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly pour in cream, whisking constantly.
- Stir in cherries and their juices until just combined.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 30-35 min
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Serve hot or room temp.
The Cookcastingcook Los Angeles, CA
The Rating2 people
Excellent dessert. Not dense at all. Set up well. But if you do want it to come out more fluffy, use an electric hand or stand mixer to beat the eggs into the sugar. And beat the heavy cream until doubled in volume and fold into the egg mix.
morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!