Shrimp Spring RollFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh minced) shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic (minced) shopping list
- 2 cups cabbage (nappa, shredded) shopping list
- 2 cups bean sprouts (mung sprouts work best) shopping list
- 3/4 cup carrot (julienned) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup green onion (diced on the bias) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shrimp (large devined and peeled) shopping list
- 3 Tbsps oyster sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 12 Egg roll Wrappers shopping list
How to make it
- Devine and peel your shrimp chopped into small pieces - you should have a good 2 cups chopped shrimp. Set aside.
- In a large wok style pan stir fry the first 6 ingrediants, in 2 tsps of olive oil (or peanut oil) Stir in Oyster sauce, pepper flakes and soy sauce. Cook down for 2 mins.
- Remove from heat and add shrimp.
- Place egg roll wrappers on the counter - I do 6 at a time as that is what I can comfortably work with on my counter - place 2 tbsps of the filling diagonally on the wrapper - fold bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling, roll snugly half-way to cover the filling. Fold both sides snugly against the filling; moisten the edges of the top flap and roll the flap over to seal - lay flap side down until ready to cook - place in a plate that has been lightly floured.
- You can deep fry at 350 degrees or I take a cast iron skillet and fill 1/3 with canola oil and get to frying temp (when you take a tooth pick and immerse it in the oil and oil spatters up it's ready) arrange 2-3 egg rolls at one time and flip when golden brown. Place on Paper towel to absorb any fats - serve hot with some duck sauce and enjoy!!
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating5 people
I love egg rolls..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
love shrimps!Saved!iffyo in loved it
EXCELLENT!!! I made the entire dozen, and only have one left......because I had to threaten the girls with physical pain. I need at least one for lunch tomorrow. Took longer than I had planned, but worth every minute. Now the girls are giving me ...morejustabeginner in Fairview Park loved it