Cracklin Bacon Cheese BiscuitsFrom betty_boop 8 years ago
- 1 greased skillett (i use cast iron) shopping list
- 4 cups of flour (plain) shopping list
- 2 tbsps baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsps sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup reg. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups butter milk shopping list
- 3/4 cups cooked bacon shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cheese ( or 4-6 slices cheese) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to about 400 degrees
- in a lage bowl
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt, Mix well
- blend in unsalted butter add butter milk and bacon and cheese.
- keep mixing until dough is forned . place dough on a lightly floured board and knead ... roll dough out about 3/4 inch thick.
- use a biscuit cutter or a small glass to cut out biscuits. ( about 3 to 3 1/2 inch ) round.
- place into a greased skillett (I use a cast iron )
- After placing all biscuits into skillett
- 1/4 reg. butter melted pour over biscuits....
- bake for about 25 minutes or until brown.
- The optional to these biscuits if you want to use cracklins instead of bacon , that is great also.....you can also omit the cheese...
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!