Pistachio Pesto PenneFrom noir 9 years ago
- 1 pound good-quality penne or Rigatoni shopping list
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- a pinch of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 pound ripe cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, until it is al dente (tender yet firm). Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and place in a large warm bowl.
- Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
- Steam the green beans until just tender (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Transfer the cooked green beans to the bowl with the pasta.
- Combine the nuts, garlic, crushed red pepper, olive oil and basil in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until a coarse paste forms.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pesto to the bowl and toss with the pasta and green beans to mix thoroughly.
- Add enough pasta cooking water as you do this to keep the pasta from being too dry (I typically end up using about 1/2 cup).
- Mix in the tomatoes and serve.
- **Alternatively, if you are to be serving the pasta later as a cold dish, cool the pasta and green beans completely first before adding the pesto.**
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
What time did you say supper was at??? :)
Noir, this sounds absolutely devine! Pasta is [one of my many] weaknesses!
Thanks for another great recipe :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
OK Noir...I have my Fork, Knife and plate ready! I'm with Kukla, what time is Dinner? Tops!pink in USA loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it