MARZIPAN DECORATIONS FROM SCRATCHFrom vindee 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bring a pan of water to a boil. Drop the almonds in; boil for 1-2 minutes. Drain.
- Peel the skins off the almonds. They should easily slip off.
- Spread the skinned almonds onto a baking tray and allow to dry under a medium-hot grill (180 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool, and then grind in a coffee grinder into almond meal. Do the grinding in short spells, & stir each time to avoid it becoming pasty.
- Turn the meal into a bowl; stir in the sugar, followed with the almond extract.
- Add the syrup, mix in well. Now add cold water, 1 tbsp at a time, to get a play dough like consistency. Knead till smooth.
- Keep covered in cling wrap until you use it. Break off bit by bit, kneading colours into the dough to colour it, and shape as required.
- I rolled out the dough for the flowers & leaves, using mini cookie-cutters to cut out shapes. Flowers for the flowers & heart shapes for the leaves.
- The kids made the bugs etc just like using play dough...& had a great time. Do remember that this dough is quite sticky at times, and tends to dry a little if kept open for too long.
- Note : Try & use it only bit by bit. It's really delicious too, so do remember to have a bite!!!
People Who Like This Dish 13
- suninah Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
- CottageRose Nowhere, Us
- ivy Whereabouts, Unknown
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- cmon68 Windsor, CT
- mumtazcatering Gauteng, ZA
- fondantfrenzy Pleasant Hill, CA
- kendi25 Baton Rouge, LA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- veryvegan Winnipeg, CA
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating7 people
the pics look sooooooo cute. i hope your daughter had a great birthday
thanks for sharing
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Awesome Vindee! Great recipe! Thanks!cakelady in Murray loved it
I have one similar to this one up. I love marzipan, and the kids/grandkids think it is playdough that you get to eat when you are done playing!!! LOL I love it thanks for the post.tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!