Lamb MoussakaFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch think slices shopping list
- 1 pound ground lamb shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning (Spice Islands*) shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil and garlic shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large eggplant, diced (do not peel) shopping list
- 1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pot of boiling water, cook potato slices about 10 minutes or until almost tender; drain well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground lamb with Greek seasoning until meat is browned, breaking up clumps. Drain off fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes; set aside.
- In another large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add eggplant; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until pieces start to soften. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set Aside.
- Coat the sides and bottom of a 2 1/2 quart casserole with olive oil. Layer 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 of the eggplant, and 1/3 of the potatoes. Repeat layers twice more.
- Top with soup. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1/ 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating5 people
Great post! And I just bought some ground lamb on sale at the store! This will be great for company coming tonight =)winny in Denver loved it
I love Moussaka! But, most of my Moussaka recipes are long & detailed....I like the use of the canned soup in place of Bechamel sauce. Great, easy-version recipe. Thank you again :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it