Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cream Filled CookiesFrom michellem 6 years ago
- Cookies: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup quick oats shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tbsp half and half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325*
- In bowl combine flour , soda, cinnamon and oats. Mix well and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat until creamy.
- Add the flour/oat mixture,.blend until combined.
- Seperate dough into two balls, flatten them into disks, and wrap tightly in plastic.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- On floured surface roll out one disk to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut cookies with a 2 inch-fluted round cookie cutter.
- Repeat with second disk.
- Bake on cookie sheets for 13-15 min.
- Transfer cookies to cool.
- When cookies are cool, spread peanut butter filling on the bottom sid of a cookie. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich.
- Repeat with all cookies and filling!
- You could also be creative and add chocolate chips to the filling or cookies. A little baking cocoa would be nice in the peanut butter filling too!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating5 people
Wow - I am so glad you added this to the Swap-A-Rama group or I might have missed this one... I can't wait to try these. Mmmmmm good!jett2whit in Union City loved it
OOOOHHHH...these sound good - I was just thinking about a recipe I made one time for homeade oatmeal cream pies - I "m gonna have to look that one up and try these as well - LOVE peanut butter - almost as much as chocolate!kdiaz in Austintown loved it
How the heck did I miss this recipe? Everyone I know lovesd peanut butter cookies and these sound so much better! =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it