Chicken And Stuffing Casserole With Mushroom SauceFrom cabincrazyone 9 years ago
- 8 oz. package of herb-seasoned stuffing (3-1/2 Cups) shopping list
- 3 Cups cooked or canned chicken shopping list
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 Cup enriched flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash of pepper shopping list
- 4 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- FOR SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom condensed soup shopping list
- 1/4 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 Cup chopped pimiento shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare dry stuffing according to package directions. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread stuffing in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread the chicken out in a layer over the stuffing.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, blend in flour and seasonings. Add cool broth, cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Whisk a small amount of this mixture into the slightly beaten eggs. Return that into the large saucepan mixture while whisking.
- Pour over chicken. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway to center comes out clean. Let stand five minutes to set before cutting into squares. Serve with sauce on the side.
- TO MAKE SAUCE: Mix sauce ingredients and stir over heat until hot.
The Cookcabincrazyone Duluth, MN
The Rating3 people
LOOKS like a 55555 to me, cabin..& you got it!
Come join us in FFF (FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIE)
group!! We have fun!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
(The FIVE was from me:)lanacountry in Macon loved it
I can see why this won a cookbook contest - it is very good! The sauce is very tasty too and have lots left over for a couple more meals. Very good with a nice salad and a dinner roll.joy2u2 in Florence loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!