Squash CasseroleFrom craners 8 years ago
- 6 cups of diced yellow squash and zucchini shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Large onion, Chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream, mouth watering yet??? shopping list
- 1 teaspoon House seasonings, hold on, ingredients below =) shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup crushed butter crackers, I used Ritz but you can use whatever your heart desires shopping list
- NOW preheat your oven to 350 degrees F shopping list
- HOUSE SEASONING: shopping list
- 1 cup of salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup of black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup of Guess...lol! garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the squash in a little vegetable oil over medium heat until it has completely broken down, around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Line a colander with a clean tea towel (don't ask I don't know what that is but I believe a paper towel might work).
- Place the cooked squash in the lined colander. Squeeze excess moisture from the squash. Now set that aside for now.
- In a medium size skillet, saute the onion in butter for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan & mix all the ingredients together except the cracker crumbs, they go on top later =)
- Pour mixture into a buttered casserole dish & top with cracker crumbs ;)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- Now devour it like I did....ENJOY, Thanks PAULA DEAN!!!
The Cookcraners Coarsegold, CA
The Rating7 people
I love the sound of this, Thanks for posting!!cadavis in Asheboro loved it
This really is just perfect!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This is right up my ally! Sounds so good.. got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!