Dutch Oven Campfire Peach CobblerFrom ejergens 9 years ago
How to make it
- A cast Iron dutch oven is ESSENTIAL for this recipe, nothing else works.
- Layer 1: Drain 3 cans of peaches and put in cast iron dutch oven
- Add 3 more cans of peaches, do not drain liquid, to the dutch oven
- Layer 2: Pour both boxes of cake mix over the top of peaches (do not stir)
- Layer 3: Slice up one stick of butter into little pats and drop all over the top of cake mix
- Put the lid on the dutch oven and put in the campfire, near hot coals, not on the hot coals.
- Place hot coals on top of the dutch oven lid. VERY IMPORTANT.
- In about 20 minutes, give the dutch oven a 180 degree turn, to insure an even bake.
- In about 20 more minutes, check under the lid.
- Dessert is finished when peaches are soft and carmelized, juice will really thicken, you will have a hot, bubbly , golden brown, topping.
- Don't let the dutch oven turn all glowy red, it'll burn
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookejergens Las Vegas, NV
The Rating7 people
YUM! Thanks for the post.
Mborius in Klamath Falls loved it
This Looks Great....I'll have to give it a go...
Thanks for keeping it simple!!jcarl71 in Mobile loved it
This looks wonderful! I've often made cakes/puddings in the dutch oven, but I rarely remember what exactly I did since it's generally after a few beers. Next trip I'll come armed with your recipe!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!