Laurenzos Ziti Broccoli BakeFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 16 ounce package ziti pasta shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced finely shopping list
- olive oil, to cover bottom of pan shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated high-quality parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper, to your taste shopping list
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta and drain well; set aside until needed.
- Put some olive oil – just enough to cover the bottom – into a large pan; sauté diced garlic for just a minute over high heat.
- Remove pan from heat and add pasta; toss with sautéed garlic.
- Simmer bite-size pieces of fresh broccoli in hot water for 5 minutes; drain very well and add to pasta pan.
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese; toss to coat well.
- Finally, add the heavy cream (as Laurenzo was known to say, “yes, four cups…this ain’t no diet dish, y’all…”).
- Taste to see if you want to add salt and pepper.
- Throw the whole mess into a large, buttered casserole and top with shredded mozzarella (I guess Laurenzo figured the dish was already gonna give you a heart attack, so why stop with the high fat at this point?).
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and the cheese is lightly browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- *NOTE: Add strips of grilled chicken breast or cooked shrimp for a main course dish.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
Oh, heavens, why did I see this!!!! I'll never be able to resist this, will have to make this one very very soon. My daughter will swoon. My husband will gobble this up. Krum, you naughty girl!!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Definitly a keeper.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
Krum.... this sounds so rich and delicious.... Good thing hubby is getting me a treadmill...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it