Amish Apple CakeFrom henrie 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped apples, such as Granny Smith shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- Hot caramel sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until well blended.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the flour and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the apples and nuts.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 30 minutes until the top springs back when touched lightly with your finger.
- Hot Caramel Sauce:
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract and milk.
- Serve warm sauce over cake.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating3 people
WILL DEFINITELY BE MAKING THIS TODAY
MY FAMILY WILL LOVE ITmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I just made this yesterday since we have so many good apples right now, and it was soooo good! That caramel sauce is to die for. The cake alone was great, but with that sauce??? Way way good. Thank you so much! I cut them in big chunks and liked the ...morelanijoy in Olympia loved it