Blarney Stones Bars with Vanilla Icing and Chopped PeanutsFrom dottiet 6 years ago
- · 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- · 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- · 1 cup flour shopping list
- · 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- · 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- · 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- · 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- · . shopping list
- · Frosting: shopping list
- · 1 cup butter shopping list
- · 2 to 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
- · 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- · crushed salted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Beat yolks with hand held electric mixer until thick and lemon colored. Add sugar gradually, beating continuously. Add dry ingredients, sifted together, alternately with boiling water.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees in shallow sheet cake pan.
- When almost cool, ice with frosting.
- Cut in squares.
- Cream butter; gradually blend in sugar.
- Cream until soft and smooth.
- After spreading frosting on Blarney Stones, roll each Blarney Stone in crushed peanuts or sprinkle crushed peanuts over frosting.
- Yield 3 dozen squares
The Cookdottiet Woodward, OK
The Rating6 people
This sounds Delicious, Very Unique, something different to prepare for St. Pattys Day!! Thanks for posting it!! You got my 5 ;o)tannzzi in Portage loved it
Dottie, I love this recipe, too! I'm going to make these and I'm sure that everyone will love them! Thank you so much!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Missed St Paddy's day but these would be great anytime! THANKS.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!