Deviled Potato SaladFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- salt shopping list
- 3 to 3½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes shopping list
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated (3 to 4 tablespoons juicy pulp) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (3 rounded tablespoonfuls) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (like Tabasco) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika or sweet smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh chives or scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, anchovy paste, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon of the paprika. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the EVOO. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Transfer the potato salad to a wide serving dish and top with the chives, parsley and the remaining 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Makes 8 servings.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating18 people
I the sound of it! Can't wait to try it :)donman in Hammond loved it
Now this I am going to try,Great Postcaramia in loved it
Aha! Another person who uses the delightful anchovy paste. Yum, it is great in potato salad. I've been known to mix it with softened butter and spread it on wheat toast for a snack. Your potato salad is awesome. It is nice change from the gloppy...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it