Supermans Cold Steak Bearnaise AppetizerFrom rosemaryblue 6 years ago
- This recipe is really very simple and easy, but oh, so delicious! :) shopping list
- 5 THICK sirloin steaks *OR* 1 sirloin tip roast EQUIVQLENT IN SIZE shopping list
- BEARNAISE SAUCE shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 cups (1 pound) of butter, melted shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 4 tablespoons capers shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar shopping list
- Sprinkle of cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- Your choice on how the sirloin steaks are cooked, pan fried, grilled OR
- 1 sirloin tip roast---cook by placing pats of butter over top of roast, cover in Worcestershire sauce, sprinkle with black pepper, cook uncovered in a 375 degree oven until desired doneness
- When steaks or roast are cooked, cool, and wrap tightly in Saran Wrap. Refrigerate.
- BEARNAISE SAUCE
- In top of double boiler, beat egg yolks and lemon juice until well blended
- Place over bottom half of double boiler
- Cook slowly over very low heat, never allowing the water to boil
- Add melted butter slowly, stirring constantly with a WOODEN spoon
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, capers and vinegar
- Stir to blend
- TO SERVE:
- Remove steaks or roast from refrigerator, cut into paper thin slices across the grain. Cut away all fat, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange on a platter and serve with Bearnaise sauce. This will serve about 20.
The Cookrosemaryblue CollegeTown
The Rating5 people
Oh yes! Thank you!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
yessssss.just what the doctor ordered..........robertg in loved it
Steak with Bearnaise? Count me in - I love it! Thank you... =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!