Union Square Inspired Asian Tuna BurgersFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- ½ teaspoon champagne or rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 ½ pounds yellow-fin tuna (don’t spring for beauty here, end cuts are perfect!) shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted (or warmed pitas, yum!) shopping list
- ¼ cup pickled sushi ginger, divided in 4 shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler, and lightly spray a baking sheet with PAM.
- Combine all the teriyaki sauce through vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer 8-9 minutes.
- Strain and reserve. (Can be prepared up to two days ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Grind or finely dice the tuna to the texture of hamburger meat. (Do not
- use a food processor, which will shred the tuna rather than chop it).
- Combine tuna with garlic, mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the tuna into four equal amounts.
- Using your hands, roll each part into a smooth ball and flatten slightly.
- Broil until browned and medium rare, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Spread each with a tablespoon of warm glaze.
- Garnish the burgers with 1 tbsp of pickled ginger.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Jackpot Jo. Fantastic. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Japanese Food290 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members