Spicy Cheesy Mashed-Potato CakesFrom cheryilyn 5 years ago
- 1 lb russet (baking) potato shopping list
- 2 large egg, beaten lightly shopping list
- 1-2 jalapeno, chopped fine shopping list
- 2/3 C. dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 8 kalamata olives, chopped fine shopping list
- ½ C. sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 T. onion. chopped fine shopping list
- garlic pepper to taste shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes, cut into ¾-inch pieces, and place on a rack in a saucepan over boiling water, steam covered, for 8 to 10 min, or until very tender.
- Let the potato cool for 5 min, in a bowl mash it, and stir in peppers, olives, onion, egg, cheese and garlic pepper to taste.
- Scoop the mixture by ¼ C. measures, form the scoops into ½“ thick cakes, and coat the cakes with the bread crumbs.
- In a large heavy skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot, but not smoking, and sauté the cakes, turning them once, for 4 min or until golden. Yield: 8 cakes.