Mediterranean Salad VegetarianFrom pieplate 9 years ago
- ½ lb. orzo, cooked, rinsed, and really really well-chilled. Really. shopping list
- 1 15-oz. can of garbanzo beans shopping list
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths, or shopping list
- 1 pint sweet cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, sliced shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin shopping list
- ¼ lb. olives shopping list
- ½ feta cheese, not crumbled much shopping list
- *Combine these ingredients for the dressing: shopping list
- ¼ c. lemon juice (at least) shopping list
- ½ c. olive oil shopping list
- 2 T chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 T chopped fresh marjoram shopping list
- ½ c. julienned basil (at least) shopping list
- 2 T red wine vinegar shopping list
- salt to taste, and the merest pinch of sugar, not honey shopping list
- Pile on a bed of arugula or red leaf lettuce or baby greens. shopping list
How to make it
- *Combine the first 7 ingredients and chill.
- *Combine the next 7 ingredients for the dressing.
- *If you can't find fresh marjoram, double the basil.
- salt to taste, and the merest pinch of sugar, not honey
- Shortly before serving, gently toss the chilled salad with the dressing, which you have not added all at once, gauging how much it needs. Pile on a bed of arugula or red leaf lettuce or baby greens.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- foodfight Atlanta, GA
- sarasweetpea Nowhere, Us
- Tusharika New Delhi, India
- nightkitchen Claremont, CA
- juels Clayton, NC
- unicorn4 Melbourne, AU
- toleliz Burlington, Canada
- mooselovingmamabear Somewhere Between Cookbooks/magazines Deciding What To Make, MI
- catbot79 Topeka, KS
- wolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating4 people
What lovely combination of ingredients here! Love the dressing, too! Added this to the "Bazil world" group.juels in Clayton loved it
Love your recipe. sounds fantastic, cant wait to try it. Well done and Thank you.......unicorn4 in Melbourne loved it
Interesting recipe and plus I'm A vegetarian so this totally goes for me -smiles-
Thanx for sharing, Hi-5!
-TusharikaTusharika in New Delhi loved it