Tomatillo SalsaFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 5 1/2 c. chopped, cored, husked tomatillos shopping list
- 1 c. chopped onion shopping list
- 1 c. chopped green chilies ( I use a mix of jalapenos, serranos and habaneros) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 TB minced cilantro (more or less to suit own taste) shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper shopping list
- 1 c. vinegar. 5% acidity shopping list
- 1/4 c. lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Process first 5 ingredients in a food processor pulsing until finely chopped
- and then combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place in hot sterilized jars and process in water bath 15 minutes.
- yield- about 4 half pints.
- **** I use this up so fast that I omit the vinegar and canning and just store in a quart jar in the refrigerator. I use it as a dip, on chicken, enchiladas, tacos, eggs you name it I put it on it. LOL :)
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating4 people
I love this salsa.. i grow Tomatillos every year to make this..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
LOVE HOT SALSA'S ( i mean the food :) } !!!!!!!!!!mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I've been making a tomatillo sauce for a few months but it's got no "zing" to it. I think your recipe is exactly what I'm looking for. Sounds excellent! Thank you ~~BK*~~berrikiss in Wenatchee loved it