Dark Chocolate Chess Pie DeluxeFrom shirleyoma 5 years ago
- * 2 9-inch unbaked pie crusts in glass baking dishes shopping list
- * 1 cup butter shopping list
- * 6 ounces dark chocolate shopping list
- * 3 cups sugar shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- * 6 eggs shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- * 12 ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
- * Optional: whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pie crusts blind by either using pie weights in pie crusts or prick holes in bottom and sides to prevent bubbling. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven to rack. Decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In large saucepan on low melt butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar and flour with wire whisk. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk. Add a couple of tablespoonfuls of the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir. Add both sugar and egg mixtures to pan of melted chocolate. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium and stir constantly for 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide filling between the 2 pie pans. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Makes 2 Pies. (One to
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating7 people
Loves me some chess pie... and this looks non-fattening too... hehehe... great post... thanks.wolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Sounds GREAT! And for Jack's and others' information, all calories consumed while eating pie are negated by the simple act of having ice cream and coffee or whipped cream and cold milk at the same time the pie is eaten. LOL Thanks for the post!saltymike in Naples loved it
Got my 5, thanks Shirley... this is great and seems easy to prepare, yummy! great post.berry in loved it