The Salad CreamFrom noir 6 years ago
How to make it
- Mash the egg yolk with the back of a spoon, and add all the rest of the ingredients except the lemon juice.
- Mash furiously with the spoon until you've got a creamy paste. (If you still have any lumps, pass through a sieve, and you'll end up with a perfectly smooth mixture.)
- Add lemon juice/vinegar to taste.
- This is, against all reason, a really excellent salad dressing
- It'll keep in the fridge for about three days.
- It's also extremely good with cold new potatoes, over warm asparagus and on eggs instead of mayonnaise.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
This is wonderful, Noir! Thanks. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Wowee! This is great for me! *wink* Tops!pink in USA loved it
Fabulous Noir!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it