Grilled Sirloin Steaks With Blue Cheese-walnut ButterFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, finely crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (about 1 ounce) shopping list
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 1 1/2-to 1 3/4-pound top sirloin steaks (1 inch thick) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cheese, butter, parsley and 3/4 teaspoon rosemary in medium bowl. Stir to blend well. Mix in walnuts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer blue cheese butter to small bowl. (NOTE: Blue cheese butter can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring butter to room temperature before using.)
- Combine 1 tablespoon rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in processor. Blend until mixture resembles coarse paste.
- Pat steaks dry. Place in large baking dish.
- Rub 2 teaspoons of garlic paste on each side of each steak. Cover and let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat). Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to platter and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut each steak into 3 equal portions. Top each portion with a spoonful of blue cheese butter and serve.
- Serves 6.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating4 people
Stunning, I love blue through and through. Marvelous, dah-ling.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Lovin this one! On the short list! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Woohoo! Love the blue! This sounds wonderful and I doubt I'd have any left over, but I'm sure the butter really kicks up baked potatoes. All I would need to go with this dish is a big luscious cab to drink. :-)kareninflorida in Melbourne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!