Au Gratin PotatoesFrom atokadawn 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 5 cups (about 5 med) peeled, sliced, raw potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 Tbs. melted butter or margarine shopping list
- . shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In med. saucepan, melt margarine, stir in flour and salt. Add milk, cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses and potatoes.
- Pour into a 2 qt casserole or individual casserole dishes. Combine bread crumbs and melted margarine/butter, sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake covered for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until bubbly and potatoes tender.
- Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 45
- jaderose101 Fort Wayne, IN
- ourruffie Canon City, CO
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- housewifeintraining Minneapolis, MN
- speedy7501 Nowhere, Us
- robotmonkeyninja Las Vegas, NV
- bakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- jmiller38 Nowhere, Us
- mathanro Nowhere, Us
- rainydayreader Maple Valley, WA
- Plus 35 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookatokadawn Munford, TN
The Rating12 people
I've used this recipe before. It's a definite favorite.momtaylor in Carlsbad loved it
This is just like my recipe except I've never added parmesan. Sounds delicious!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
YUM 5cookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!