Lamb Chops with Balsamic ReductionFrom wolfpackjack 7 years ago
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 lamb chops (3/4 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced shallots shopping list
- 1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops in the skillet, and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or continue to cook to your desired doneness.
- Remove from the skillet, and keep warm on a serving platter.
- Add shallots to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned.
- Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then stir in the chicken broth. Continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. If you don't, the sauce will be runny and not good.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Pour over the lamb chops, and serve.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
Love lamb! Thanks for the recipe.mamalou in Attleboro loved it
I'm saving this to try - it sounds divine! Another great post, Dave! ;)
Pass another Foster's please....lunasea in Orlando loved it
And here I was wondering what I was going to do with the rest of my balsamic vinegar.chefmal in Bronx loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!