Lamb Chops with Balsamic ReductionFrom wolfpackjack 6 years ago
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 lamb chops (3/4 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced shallots shopping list
- 1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb chops in the skillet, and cook for about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, or continue to cook to your desired doneness.
- Remove from the skillet, and keep warm on a serving platter.
- Add shallots to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned.
- Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from the bottom of the skillet, then stir in the chicken broth. Continue to cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. If you don't, the sauce will be runny and not good.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Pour over the lamb chops, and serve.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
And here I was wondering what I was going to do with the rest of my balsamic vinegar.chefmal in Brooklyn loved it
I'm saving this to try - it sounds divine! Another great post, Dave! ;)
Pass another Foster's please....lunasea in Orlando loved it
Love lamb! Thanks for the recipe.mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!