Pulled Pork From Your OvenFrom cooper 9 years ago
How to make it
- Place pork roast on roasting rack
- Sprinkle with black pepper
- Place in 400 degree oven uncovered for 1 hour
- Reduce heat to 300 and continue cooking for another seven hours. Meat will be falling off the bone.
- Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle with bare hands, but still warm.
- Begin tearing meat with hands shredding meat by PULLING.
- Meat can be used for sandwiches or plate.
- Slather BBQ sauce liberally.
- For sandwiches the Memphis way is to top with coleslaw.
- Don't forget the napkins. This is messy, but good!
The Cookcooper Plano, TX
The Rating7 people
That long, slow cooking just makes it perfect. I cook them often. And your recipe with the course ground pepper is a wonderful way to cook them! Just perfect. We love pulled pork! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This is wonderful. Memphis BBQ in an oven. It's too cold outside (and raining like a cow doing its business on a flat rock) to do smoker stuff. Thanks for the post!chefjeb in Carthage loved it
Oh yeah - this makes the best pulled pork imagineable. That deliciously slow and long cooking time is the ticket. After seeing your recipe, I am so jonesing to make this again....like this weekend. Great post - thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!