Home made EnchiladasFrom patticasas 6 years ago
- Round corn tortillas shopping list
- chicken breast, Shredded meet, or cheese (whatever you want the inside to be) shopping list
- 10 Green tomatillos shopping list
- 5 Paste tomatoes make sure the color is truly red (not the big tomatoes) shopping list
- 3 Chiles Pasilla (if you want to only) shopping list
- 1 Jalapeño (add more if you like spicy) shopping list
- 2 cayenne Chiles (not powder) shopping list
- 1/2 of an onion shopping list
- 1 cup of cilantro shopping list
- 3 Cups of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese shopping list
- 1 avocado thinly sliced shopping list
- Thinly sliced lettuce shopping list
- oil (as needed) shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Knorr Mexican chicken powder stock or cubes shopping list
How to make it
- First: You will cook in a sauce pan the: green tomatillos, tomatoes, chile pasilla, jalapeño, cayenne chiles, and onion. Once it’s cooked remove the skin from the tomatoes and remove the insides (seeds and vain) from the pasilla chiles.
- Second: You will blend all ingredients together and add Knorr chicken power stock to taste and some of the water where you cooked the items.
- Third: You will add the cilantro and blend until it’s finely chopped. Make sure that the sauce is not watery.
- Forth: In a frying pan add about 2 table spoons of oil & let it get warm/hot, put in the tortilla and turn don’t let the tortilla get hard you only want to saute/bathe it in the hot oil. Set it aside and add the shredded chicken (or whatever) and role. Continue this until you make as many as you need. (You will continue to add oil as you go and depending on how many enchiladas you are making)
- Fifth: Warm up another sauce pan and add 1 tbs of oil and let it get warm/hot then add the sauce to it and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium high and turn off.
- Now you will put the enchiladas that you are eating on a plate and you will add the sauce on top (as many as you want) then add the shredded cheese and put in the micro or conventional oven for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. (I usually add ½ of the sauce and put in the micro and when I take it out I add some more so that my enchiladas will be juicy and not dried up).
- Lastly: I add the avocado, lettuce and the sour cream on top of my enchiladas and they are ready to be eaten. You can add some buttered white rice as a side if you like.
- ENJOY ;D)…