Pinto Beans and Ham HocksFrom chef2 9 years ago
- pinto beans and ham hocks shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 3 smoked hamhocks shopping list
- 2 lbs. dried pinto beans shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 medium chopped onion shopping list
How to make it
- Boil hamhocks on high heat for 45 minutes. Add all seasonings except hot sauce and onion. Continue boiling for 20 minutes. Add pinto beans, hot sauce, and onion. Boil on medium heat until beans are done to taste.
- Note: To speed up cooking of beans and reduce the gas beans produce, soak beans in cold water overnight or for three hours during the day.
- Serve with rice and a meat sidedish. You can also use the hamhocks as your meat sidedish. However, hamhocks are a high-fat food.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
Thank you, this is just what I was looking for!jeannej in Raleigh loved it
Mother says it's yummy yummy good. It has just enough heat to notice but not overpowering.
See Pinto Beans And Ham Hocks for further details.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!