Skillet Creole Chicken FricasseeFrom shandy 6 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds). halved crosswise shopping list
- 3 t. creole seasoning shopping list
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds shopping list
- 3 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to paper towel line plate, leaving fat in skillet. Cook chicken in sausage fat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with sausage.
- Add oil, onion, celery, and pepper to now empty skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and remaining Creole seasoning and cook until flour begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in broth until smooth. Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken registers 160 degrees, about 10 minutes.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating5 people
This sounds like a super easy and tasty one dish meal.Thanks for sharing....robertg in loved it
mouthwatering good! one more recipe to add to my collection of poulty. thank you for sharing - have a lovely week-end. Renatekochhexe in Butzbach loved it
Tried it tonight and was excellent.
Thankscathyp in Temple loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!