Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter IcingFrom hooch 9 years ago
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) at room temperature shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup good un-sweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- peanut butter icing shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and two sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Lower the speed to medium, add the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and coffee. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. On low speed, add the buttermilk mixture and the flour mixture alternately in thirds to the mixer bowl, beginning with the buttermilk mixture and ending with the flour mixture. Mix only until blended. Fold the batter with a rubber spatula to be sure it's completely blended.
- Divide the batter among the cupcake pans (one rounded standard ice cream scoop per cup is the right amount). Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from the pans, and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Peanutbutter icing
- Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookhooch New Zealand, NZ
The Rating3 people
This is the recipe I fall back on to get out of the dog house for my "splurges" at the craft store or yarn house!!!! Hubby is a sucker for all things chocolate and peanut butter. Wonderful post, m'dear. Thanks for the post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Oh Wow, missed her making this one, sounds fabulous, and heck if it gets you out of the dog house, that's an added benefit LOL Great post, thanks for sharing, I'm saving it to make. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!